Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

Default FA: Dumore Tool Post Grinder Inserts, K.O. Lee Index Disc and other metalworking items on Ebay

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
According to Glenn :

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
According to Joseph Gwinn :

SNIP
FWIW -- my complete model number is 11-011.

[ ... ]

Don,
I have the same TPG as yours. Same model number anyway. Mine is in a
Dark
Grey box with just the top opening lid..no drop front.

Instead of the hammertone blue box which I have. I don't know
whether that makes yours or mine older. :-)

My best guess is mine is from 1956

I have the
collett
adapter and the manual that came with it if you need any info from that I
would be happy to scan/measure or whatever.

Both would be lovely to have. I presume that the collet adaptor
screws over the arbor for the plain wheels? I was just about to try
making one from scratch -- after dealing with the income tax torture,
which we just started. :-)

The major problem is that I can't receive e-mails larger than
30K -- as a means of keeping viruses out of some mailing lists which I
run.

An FTP site, or a web site would help. Perhaps you could
upload them to the dropbox (http://www.metalworking.com), and I could
pick them up from there? That would allow others to benefit from them
as well.

If you would prefer to not do that -- could you burn a CD-ROM of
the scans and snail-mail it? (There should be plenty of room on a
CD-ROM for everything needed and then some -- even if you scan for
output to a 600 DPI printer. :-) The manual for my Clausing lathe,
scanned to TIF for such a printer, converted to PostScript, and from
there to PDF results in a total file size of 6,964,511 -- about 1/100th
of a CD-ROM. :-)

If it works for you I will just scan it to PDF and post it to the drop box.
The manual is only 6, 8.5X11" pages.
I think this is at least as on topic as a leaky bush

FWIW the Lubrication instructions say to use 25 to 50 drops of Dumore No
0
High speed oil every 10 hours of operation. The oil is added to the Gits
snap cap oiler located in front of the tool post. The 2 screws on the
ends
of the spindle housing are for the oil wicks and they do have a thread
wraped around the felt to ride on the spindle tapers. Inside is a felt
cylinder that is called the oil retainer.

O.K. "No. 0 High speed oil" sounds like a very thin spindle oil
to me, so what I got for my surface grinder would be about right.

I use #10 turbine oil in mine and it seems happy with it.

The collett adapter is a threaded sleeve type thing that has the collett
chuck on one end and is threaded internally to screw onto the spindle.
Looks a lot like somebody cut the end off a dremel only a bit larger OD
on
the shaft. It is counter bored so it threads up to the sholder on the
spindle.

That sounds like what I was planning to make. What is the
overall length to the end of the collet? (This will give me a target to
shoot for.)

Ok .. Let's see if I can make a picture with words
The collett adapter is only 2 pieces. The main body is 1.685" OAL and .427"
OD. The large part of the body is 1.125" long and is drilled and tapped to
match the shaft extension. The collet portion is threaded for 5/16 32 for
..325" and drilled for .125" shaft then split 4 ways. The last .130" is
tapered to provide the clamping from the collett closer nut. There are 2
flats on the shaft and on the nut for collett wrenches and the nut is
knurled also.It looks like they tapped the internal threads first and then
bored out the ID to fit the unthreaded part of the spindle. The 1/8" hole
goes all the way into the 1/4" hole. My spindle is threaded for 1/4 32 BTW.
I think it is easier to make one then to describe it

If any more info would help let me know. I think the only thing mine
dosen't have is the scatter guard for the OD wheels. The parts list
dosen't
show one but some of the ictures do.

Since I don't have the manual, I don't have the parts list
either. But I saw guards in some of the photos on the DuMore web site
when I tried to find information and really did not feel like spinning
up a larger wheel without one, so I made one to fit. (Turned from some
3-1/2" diameter aluminum. You probably visited the quick-and-dirty web
page and saw one shot of it, at least. If you want, I can send the
dimensions which I worked to as a drawing.

I did go to your Q&D and I think I can make a good facsimile of your scatter
guard. Thanks for the idea.

BTW -- My e-mail address is valid, if you want to take this
off line -- though we've got at least one other in the thread
who can benefit from what you know as well.

I don't know much but I did get lucky and get the manual with my TPG I
think the exploded parts diagram will tell you more than anything else in
the book.

Glenn