Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bookworm

Default How much discount do tradesmen get?

Yep have a requirement at the moment for a hot water cylinder 125 best
price "won't find cheaper guv" from local plumbing dept of large
merchants, 94 quid from Screwfix!...
--
Tony Sayer

Plumbers Merchant probably paid around 50 -60 for it. Whenever I am
waiting at a Plumbers/Builders Merchants Trade Counter to see the
buyer, my toes curl when I see what they are charging Retail Customers.
I used to sell a Manual Shower Mixing Valve, (Chinese, but never had
one back), for 19. Most Merchants sold it at around 60 - 80.