Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused

Default Splitting Wood

Tootie Preston wrote:
My dad used to have these iron chisels, about 3" in diameter at the top,
coming down to about12" long. Wedges, I think they were called. Does
anyone have any idea of where I could find some of these today? I am a
woman woodworker, mainly toys, small tables, crafts, etc. But I do like
to use old weathered wood for my birdhouses, signs, etc. I just have
some logs to split up also. Help anyone?

Probably most any farm supply store will have Tractor Supply Co, Farm &
Fleet, Fleet & Farm, etc.

Northern Tool & Equipment lists three sizes in their catalog from $5.99
to $7.99 - Forged Steel Log Splitting Wedges

http://www.northerntool.com