Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve DeMars

Default x5 contractor table saw question

If you check with stocking distributors you may be able to locate a right
tilt saw MADE IN AMERICA. . . I got one about 6 months ago . . .

A lot of the larger distributor like Circle Saw stocked up on them . . .
Also th X5 has a five year warranty . . .

Steve

"Kevin Coleman" wrote in message
I am looking at a contractor saw and focusing on the following two models
and was hoping to get some insight

Delta x5 Contractor saw with 1 cast iron extension 30 inch Unifence - $749

Delta 36-981 contractor saw (new model 4/2006)-left tilt with 2 cast iron
extension wings and 30 inch Commercial Biesemeyer fence -$789

My question-

which is better- the x5 saw which I assume is mostly the same saw as the
regular contractor saw with some parts made in the US and only 1 cast iron
extension wing or the newer 36-981 (not x5 brand) but
with the left tilt and 2 cast iron wings but made overseas?

Thanks

KC