Posted to rec.knives,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fillet knife blade's geometry?

Hi Alvin,
I'm wondering if a full hard power hacksaw blade might be a bit too
stiff to make a good fillet knife, I had my best results using the
spring steel body material of a bi-metal bandsaw blade,, (the part you
have left after grinding the high speed steel teeth off) The 1 1/2 X
..042 blades seemed to work the best for me for full size fillet knives
and the 1 1/4 X .035 blades worked real good for making specialty
blades for removing the Y bones from nothern pike and muskies.

Bear in MN