Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default I overclocked my Miller arc welder

Gunner wrote:

How do these compare to the Miller DialArc 250/300?

Mine is at least 3rd hand..got it for $20, fixed an internal short and
its burned at least 150 lbs of rod since then.

A DialArc is a completely different machine. It's an industrial welder with a
much much higher duty cycle. In fact, if you're running 1/8" rod, at say 120
amps, the duty cycle is about 100% as I recall. However, they are much larger,
much heavier, and much much less portable. Also, they draw a huge amount of
current, although if you only take off 120 amps the input current is probably
only about 30-40 amps so you could probably get away with a 40 or 50A breaker. I
have considered upgrading to a DialArc a few times, but jeez, ya know, I don't
run that much stick now that I have a good MIG machine.

Grant