Posted to rec.knives,rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG

Default fillet knife blade's geometry?

Most fishermen I know here use one with a cord on it. The others
use Rapala like this:
http://www.rapala.com/products/accessoriesdetail.cfm?name=Cleaning%20Boards&categ ory=Knife%20Accessories

______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
Del's trying to make a fillet knife from a full-hard power
hacksaw
blade and me being a desert-rat, don't know nuthin' about fillet
knives and can't help.

The easiest way to go about this I believe is if there are
common
factory-made fillet knives out there that have certain
properties
you like, used as examples we could check out, so the
descriptions
wouldn't be so difficult.

What do you think?

Got any ideas about fillet knives you'd like to share?

If you could take your favorite parts of a few different factory
fillet knives and put them together in one knife, what parts
would
that be?

Are there any special edge-angle changes you make to your own
factory-made fillet knives?

Alvin in AZ