Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Joist Hangers

Hi

I want to remove 6' of a 10' internal breeze-block wall. The wall
supports the ends of 4' floor joists, the other ends of which are
supported by the external wall.

These floor joists are also nailed into a perpendicular joist that runs
the entire front-back width of the house, offset an inch from the top
of the internal wall.

As best as I can ascertain - and I'll have it verified by an expert
- the section of the internal to be removed supports nothing else
than the aforementioned 4' joists and weight of bedroom above.

My question:- Would joist hangers attached to the front-back joist be
acceptable support for the 4' joists, allowing the wall to be
removed. ?

Cheers.