Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
colin

Default Alternative DMMs to Fluke?

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Not that there's anything wrong with Flukes, inherently, but I like having
choices.

Are there other brands that are considered as good quality as Fluke?

Thanks,
--
DaveC

Ive had quite a few (cheap) multimeters in the past, then I got a second
hand fluke 77 fairly cheap, its far beter than all the others ive had put
together and its lasted ages. probably atualy works out cheaper in the long
run (and the battery lasts ages too). I like flukes and this model in
particular, it was the one to go for at the time at work especialy if you
didnt have to pay the price tag, however im not sure what else is around
that can match it in terms of being nice to use reliable and rugged.

Incedently I saw a project for a home made power supply on the web where the
insides of a multimeter were used as the volt/current readout, some are so
cheap they are actualy cheaper than a proper panel mounting digital meter.

Colin =^.^=