Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Anyone tried Pens of Color?

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 18:30:03 -0500, "Dale R Dankulich"
wrote:

mac davis wrote:

I hope this doesn't sound too much like an ad, but i found this place
on Ebay and they've been very good..

Just getting dragged kicking and screaming into turning pens, I went
on Ebay to see what was up there for pens..
I found a pretty good deal on some red heart blanks and bought them..
the seller was very fast and very helpful.. also sent a "gift" with
the blanks, 2 zebrawood blanks..

I then checked out the Poc web site and they became my pen turning
supply place! http://www.pocwoodworking.com/
I've ordered from them 3 times in the last 30 days and their/her
customer service is incredible.. also, her prices beat anyone else
that I can find...

The reason I HAD to post this is a recent mistake on my order:
Part of my order was 3 purple heart bottle stopper blanks for $195
each... when I got the shipment, I found 3 purple stabilized blanks
instead, which were $4.99 each..
I email Sheila there and told her about it, she asked me to send the
blanks back and she's send my the ones that I ordered..
I found out that it was going to cost me/her $500 o send them back,
sort of killing the $6 she had lost by sending the wrong blanks.. she
told me to just keep the blanks, which was probably common sense...
Today, I got an email from her saying that she had sent me the 3
original blanks that I'd ordered, at no cost...

As much as I bitch about other vendors, I had to post this positive
one...

I would definitely recommend giving them a try, I'm very happy...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Mac,

Most of what POC sells looks like tha same stuff they sell at Penn
State Industries. Here is a link...

http://pennstateindustries.com/

POC's prices look better on the pen kits, but PSI has a better price on
tools. Always good to have more options to shop at anyhow.

Yep.. they tell you on the first page that they're a PSI dealer...
I buy pen kits (especially the slim ones for $1.70) and tubes, and some
accessories there, but not things like tools..
Her focus is on pens and that's where her best deals are..

Great service, too...
I put in an order a few weeks ago and got both an email and phone message saying
that part of the order was out of stock and would be sent later.... on the same
day that I placed the order..