Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

Default MDF window sills

"Mike Halmarack" ... wrote in message
On 9 Apr 2006 07:10:15 -0700, wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 11:22:01 +0000 (UTC), "Lawrence Zarb"
wrote:

What is the best most secure way to fix an mdf window sill to a breeze
block wall?

Cills usually go outside, window boards go inside.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

In either case MDF is unsuitable as it is very prone to damp and will
expand, bend etc

I hope you're wrong. I have great hopes of putting a newly painted
corner unit made from MDF into my bathroom. I'm counting on several
coats of paint to protect it from moisture.

cheers

Jacob

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

I think you're safe with MDF. Wickes and other such places sell ready-made
window boards - 1" with bull nose and ready primed. They must have faith in
their product.

Cic.