Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

Default FA: Dumore Tool Post Grinder Inserts, K.O. Lee Index Disc and other metalworking items on Ebay

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
According to Joseph Gwinn :

SNIP
FWIW -- my complete model number is 11-011.
It certainly does. The OD ones were government issue to the
Army, and would probably not have maker's names on them. I wonder
whether that drop-front design was part of an Army spec to make it
easier to get to under certain storage conditions? I've only seen it
(so far) on the OD cases.

What speeds are quoted on your grinder? Mine says nothing.

Motor first:

15,500 RPM no load
8,000 RPM full load.

Pulleys
Wheel size RPM Spindle Motor
=====================================
1/8" to 3/4" 30,000 #1 #2
2" 6,900 #2 #1

For a quick-and-dirty web page showing details of the label,
plus other features of the grinder and what I am making for it, see:

http://www2.d-and-d.com/PROJECTS/TP_GRINDER/index.html

MORE SNIPPAGE
Don,
I have the same TPG as yours. Same model number anyway. Mine is in a Dark
Grey box with just the top opening lid..no drop front. I have the collett
adapter and the manual that came with it if you need any info from that I
would be happy to scan/measure or whatever.
FWIW the Lubrication instructions say to use 25 to 50 drops of Dumore No 0
High speed oil every 10 hours of operation. The oil is added to the Gits
snap cap oiler located in front of the tool post. The 2 screws on the ends
of the spindle housing are for the oil wicks and they do have a thread
wraped around the felt to ride on the spindle tapers. Inside is a felt
cylinder that is called the oil retainer.

The collett adapter is a threaded sleeve type thing that has the collett
chuck on one end and is threaded internally to screw onto the spindle.
Looks a lot like somebody cut the end off a dremel only a bit larger OD on
the shaft. It is counter bored so it threads up to the sholder on the
spindle.

If any more info would help let me know. I think the only thing mine
dosen't have is the scatter guard for the OD wheels. The parts list dosen't
show one but some of the ictures do.

Glenn Neff
Medford, OR