Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default pigeon scarer

tim (back at home) wrote:
"mogga" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:23:42 +0100, "tim \(back at home\)"
wrote:

"Phil Anthropist" wrote in message
"tim (back at home)" wrote:
Bloody pigeons have started to roost on my balcony.

Does anyone know how to stop them doing this?

My sister suggested hanging up some CDs but this
hasn't helped, neither has removing the furniture that
they were sitting under, they still sit in the same place.

tim

Google for anti-roost pigeon (or bird deterrent) spikes.

A sensible answer at least - thanks,

but)

1) They are roosting on the floor of the balcony, not
the guardrail

2) The balcony has to be in a state that I can use it
after I have got rid of them.

You own it?

Eh?

I've thought of putting up netting to stop them getting in,
but that will look horrible

A friend used a thin thread just above the handrail to stop them
landing on that ... Not sure how effective it was but you have to
stop them laying eggs. They're horrid things and you'll end up with
dead baby ones.

They've laid an egg this morning

Now what do I do?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!