Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

Default Old oven timer makes a noise when oven is off

writes:

the following 2 links are pics of the front and back of timer

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4403/00006075nf.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5584/00005993ep.jpg

it has a minute timer which appears to be mechanical and stop and start
dial.

The motor is making noise. Eventually it will stop but there's nothing
dangerous. The motor or just the rotor/gear module - the silver part on
the right hand side of

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4403/00006075nf.jpg

- can be lubed or replaced (if you can find one).