Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Old arcade monitor neck connector question

An easy way is to trace out the heater connections at the connector. This
should be 6 or 12 Volts depending on the CRT type. Then using an ohm meter,
find the heater pins on the tube. Match these up, and it should work out,
unless there are other problems.

--

JANA
_____

"jhuie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an old Cinematronics arcade game that I had to take the monitor
out of and in doing so had to remove the connector that goes to the
neck of the monitor. When I went to replace it, I found that it can go
on any direction. There are 7 pins in a circular pattern (evenly
spaced) and 8 holes in the connector, so one must go unused. But the
question is, which one? The thing is not keyed in any way. There is a
notch on the connector itself but no corresponding mark to show where
it goes. I tried putting it on the way it "naturally" seemed to want
to go but it didn't work. So then I tried pointing the notch toward
where there was a "missing" pin but that didn't work either. So 2
questions: 1) how do I determine which way it should go? and 2) How
likely is it that I have now fried something?

Thanks for your help!