Posted to sci.electronics.repair
monitorGUY

Default Old arcade monitor neck connector question

post this question on rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
you will get an answer within seconds. those guys are great.
i have some but not cinematronics, sorry.

"jhuie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an old Cinematronics arcade game that I had to take the monitor
out of and in doing so had to remove the connector that goes to the
neck of the monitor. When I went to replace it, I found that it can go
on any direction. There are 7 pins in a circular pattern (evenly
spaced) and 8 holes in the connector, so one must go unused. But the
question is, which one? The thing is not keyed in any way. There is a
notch on the connector itself but no corresponding mark to show where
it goes. I tried putting it on the way it "naturally" seemed to want
to go but it didn't work. So then I tried pointing the notch toward
where there was a "missing" pin but that didn't work either. So 2
questions: 1) how do I determine which way it should go? and 2) How
likely is it that I have now fried something?

Thanks for your help!