Posted to misc.consumers.house
Steve

Default Clothes dryer needs repair?

Just moved into a place with an Amana clothes dryer, purchased by the
previous owners sometime in 2004. Seems to me it's running extremely
hot - can barely touch the top when it's on, and the clothes are hot
enough (before the cooldown cycle) that it's like touching a hot
stove. Also, there's condensation running down the sides and out of
the control knob, leaves a puddle on the floor when it's done. And
the control knob takes forever before it moves - over an hour before
it moves from its original position, and the clothes are already dry.

But it does dry the clothes, so maybe the rest of this stuff is
normal? Otherwise, dryers are cheap enough that I'm not sure it would
be worth repairing. I'll try to check the warranty, but I doubt it
runs longer than a year, and I don't have the purchase invoice.

--

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability
to learn from the experience of others,

....Douglas Adams