Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

Default Is this true about HD ????

Jim Yanik wrote:
clifto wrote:
A good driver in a good car should be able
to do 70 MPH on a ramp marked 40 MPH here, barring potholes (which
for some reason are fairly scarce on exit ramps around here).

Of course,all vehicles on the road are NOT "good cars",many not even
"cars",but trucks or motorcycles.

Other states manage to post speeds that aren't based on the lowest
common denominator. I nearly killed myself and my family in Kentucky
years ago, trying to do 50 on a ramp marked 35.

Ever been on a ramp that gets tighter the further you get into the turn?

Yep. We have a fair number of those around here. They still underrate
them.

I can't know what the motivations of the Illinois DOT are. But I
can explain every single one of their idiot traffic munges by
attributing to them the idea that the ideal speed for traffic
is zero MPH, and that whatever they can do to approach that goal
for all traffic is their idea of the best possible situation.

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.