Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default bargaining

wrote:
Shopdog wrote:

I'll tell you my secret, I live within 10 min of both Lowes and HD, I go
there regularly keeping a keen eye on the asiles and carts that are stashed
around the store. Especially on weekends at Lowes...

I can second that. I just got a nice Hitachi vertical bandsaw for $83.58,
a floor model reduced by 20%, then 10% more when I noticed the stand
was missing a few bolts, then another 40% when I spun the wheel on
contractor's appreciation day" (with a free lunch :-)

Nick

Hi,
When you need individual item, yes. This fellow is buying a whole
package for new house. I wouldn't buy piece and bits, mix and match
stuff for a new house. I usually take builder allowance and go out on my
own looking for what I like. Most of time I have to spend little extra
to get what I want.