Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom MacIntyre

Default Peavey power amp question

On 8 Apr 2006 13:26:00 -0700, wrote:

Well, I don't know where to start, but I can tell you this: I've
worked with high power audio amplification for 15 years on a
professional level. I've been involved with warranty/factory service,
R&D department of a very big amp manufacturer, I design and test audio
amps for living, I use Audio Precision system one and two for design
verifications. So, it's NOT so that your information in any way is new
to me. As you now may understand, I do have a very broad and deep
competence regarding audio power amps. These days I work with designs
generating over 10kW! Using exclusively switch mode power supplies,
which often is far more complicated than the amp part.
The thing is that this Peavey amp, which I decided to repair just for
fun, very hooked up quite abnormal, and I thought it interesting to
have additional information about it.
Regards, Stefan

Is this one of those high-efficiency designs that they started making
a number of years ago?

Tom