Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Oneway jaws

Hi Robert, from this Leo, :))

Thanks for the heads up, Robert.
However this kind of jaws is just the reason I did NOT buy the other
chuck makes, it seems that a lot of people do not understand the real
advantage of the patented Oneway jaws profile, and by demand for those
smooth jaws, Oneway is supplying these smooth dovetail jaws.

I would say take a compass and some paper, then draw a 2" circle and
draw a circle just 1/4" smaller, cut this smallest circle out and cut
in 4 equal pie pieces, now lay those pie pieces against the 2" circle
line you drew first, now have a CLOSE LOOK and you will be amazed at
how small a area is contacted by that pie shape, and of course if you
would take the paper from where you cut out that smaller circle and cut
a 1/4 outside pie out and lay against the outside of the larger 2"
circle you will see the corners that hit the line.

So unless you use the patented Oneway wave form jaws you will have this
problem, the only way around is to cut EXACT spigots or recesses, and
then for some flexibility you need a great number of different jaw
sizes, not so with the Oneway wave jaws.

I can feel a storm brewing G and no I won't duck, people use the
other chucks all the time and there are times and places where a smooth
jaw chuck use is preferably, as are other kinds of chucking and holding
devises, a perfect for all and every use holding devise we do not have,
and who wants to admit that they should have thought more about what
they where going to buy, or that spending a little more for a better
thought out and flexible use product would have been the wiser choice.

It's just my way of thinking Robert

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo