Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Kohlman

Default Need help choosing a table saw

Ed's earlier post pretty much sums things up...contractor model in Delta/Jet
(same thing other than color I think) with cast iron extension table to the
left and composite table to the right are pretty good tools. I opted for
the Delta with Uni-fence and 36" extension table and 4 years later I am
still very pleased with my decision. Solid machine that accepts universal
accessories like tenoning jigs etc. (don't know about Craftsman now but that
was a real problem a few years ago). Easy to build your own infeed/outfeed
tables if you have the room. Otherwise the $20 Workforce roller stands sold
at HD (in MHO one of the very few things you will encounter in that place
that is under-priced) will help.

Original post about the radial arm...surprised to see no rants about TS vs
RAS!!!! I had the latter as my only large cutting tool for years and there
are time I wished I still had it. If kept "tuned", I think it is still as
good a tool as the TS, maybe better. But the "tuning" part took time and
patience. Not an issue with a good TS.

"Minwax Mac" wrote in message
oups.com...
Have you considered a Grizzly? I made a lot of great furniture with
the "Big Green" and it made me some good money along the way as well.