Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

Default bargaining

I'll tell you my secret, I live within 10 min of both Lowes and HD, I go
there regularly keeping a keen eye on the asiles and carts that are stashed
around the store. Especially on weekends at Lowes, I have found great prices
(I got PF faucet retail 183.00, I paid 18.50) I got a 6 ft counter top for
10.00. Many times I have been able to do this. What you are looking for is,
returns, special order returns, they in particular are the best deals, the
store can't send them back and have to get rid of them, Right now at the
store there is a SO bathroom vanity and sink, very expensive retail @ 483.00
vanity and 320.00 for the sink the whole thing is selling for 250.00, I bet
that it will be even lower by tonight! Shopping is the key! I don't mean
having to go all over town I just go to those two stores every other day,
takes about ten min to cruise the store. I got three R 30 bags of insulation
that because they were ripped (bags) I got them for 10 bucks ea. Look for
things that have flaws or damaged boxes. I paid 14.00 for a 62.00 metal
lockig cabinet just because the box the damaged.

Good luck

Searcher
OH, I got an Ingersol Rand air compressor for 40.00 because there was a
faulty weld at the outlet, quick tap with my welder and I got a 800.00 AC
for 40 buck!!!