Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gordonpuk

Default vhs-c camcorder problem

Jack wrote:
HI,

Has anyone heard of similar problems to the following or have ideas of
how I can fix this? I've tried resetting the camera via the menu and
removing batteries but no luck. I would like to try DIY rather than
repair as I've heard these are quite expensive to fix:

camcorder: Panasonic VHS-C RZ1 - 20Xoptical, 220X digital zoom
problem - whenever I turn the camcorder on, it looks like it is stuck
in maximum optical zoom
mode and focus is locked at about 20 feet. It doesn't auto focus and
none of the zoom
controls work.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Jack

Have had sticking focus motor cause this, (and on Samsung, this will
give no camera picture) sounds brutal but when you first turn
camcorder on give it a sharp hard thump with your hand!
Panasonic say to replace motor and using their EVR jig to increase
focus motor drive voltage but the above method will prove the point!