Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

Default failing dish washer

John Weston wrote:

p cooper, in article mTAZf.49667$wl.31320
@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk, says...

If you open the door mid cycle, is the water pressure really high?
On mine, it shoots across the room if I open the door too much!

Sparks...

certainly doesnt shoot across the room .........
its hot and the arms rotate

Some dishwashers cut the feed to the pump if the door
microswitch detects the door opening. This is to reduce the
possibility of "injury" if someone opens the door when the
water is "hot"... I've often opened mine after it's started
to pop something else in and the spray has stopped before I've
opened the door even a fraction.

All the dishwashers that I've ever seen stop as soon as the door
is opened. What brand and model of dishwasher keeps going?