Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default SDS for hole on concrete path

Rick explained on 08/04/2006 :
You need a clutch, if it jams up the ladder, and there is no clutch,
you will rotate arround the drill, untill you let go and fall.

Rick

I have one of the cheap ones I bought about a couple of years ago,
which I paid £20 for complete with a few bits in the case. I later
added an additional pack of cheap bits. I then found I needed to bore
through a 1m wall and added some cheap long bits. It has a clutch and
choice of hammer/rotate plus hammer/rotate only. It doesn't have
reverse. It has had a fair bit of use, with no problems and has
probably paid for itself several times over.

I suppose it is one of the heavy ones, but then I have used much
heavier hand tools. None of the bits have given any trouble despite
going through 1m of extremely hard concrete wall. The shorter bits have
also been used too.

Its a case of having something to hand, where previously I would have
found other ways to resolve problems.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)