Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stephen Patterson

Default RCA VR678HF won't accept tape

In article . com,
"nvic" wrote:

First off, when you say it "doesn't accept a tape", do you mean it
spits out the tape when it is inserted ot does the unit not take the
tape at all?

If it takes it and spits it out: Do you have a timer recording set?
When you are setting the clock, it maybe activating any set programs.
If so, some VCRs require either a tape with the protection tab intact,
or no tape when it is turned off. I have a panasonic VCR that does the
exact same thing when the clock it is set. Just put a blank tape in to
fix it.

If it doesn't attempt to take any tape, it may have bad logic
circuitry. At worst, don't set the clock.

It wont take a tape at all. It's like there is no power to the tape
tape, turned off VCR and it ejected the tape. Didn't set the clock this
time. The protection tab is on the tape. I even tried multiple tapes
just to be sure it wasn't the tape.