Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber

Default Too HOT to handle? Daewoo DTQ27S2FCV.

wrote in message
oups.com...
The NTE is not a good sub in that set.
Follow the service bulletin, required, for the overheating and blowing
HOT problem in that model. Plus there likely will be a bad cap on the
HOT driver circuit.

I no longer have a copy of the service bulletin, but if Daewoo is still
in business they can email it to you.

As I recall, the bulletin made some changes to a couple of parts and
added a 39 ohm resistor across the B-E of the HOT as well.

Daewoo is still in business. Along with my parts order, they sent me an
unsolicited application to be an authorized service center. When I called
and asked if the HOT failure was a common problem, the technician told me
no, and suggested that replacing the parts with the originals would fix it
properly. I'll call them back and definitely ask them about the service
bulletin.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber