Posted to alt.electronics
Dan H

Default Diode Questions

wrote:
My mistake - "GerManium," with an "m." Sorry for the typo. Anyway...

The schematic can be seen at
http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com/bender...rschematic.gif

I have everything I need except for the diodes, which I gave the
specific part number for in my original post. They were originally
manufactured by GE in the 1950's but are hard to come by so I am hoping
to find a close match that I can substitute. Specs can be found at the
two addresses below. The first one, from the military, is pretty
thorough.
http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Downloads/Mi...l19500ss65.pdf
http://www.semiconductorliquidate.co...ch?ss_pn=2N388

Those are transistors not diodes - in the 50's germanium was all that
was available.
standard commonly available transistors will probably work in the
circuit.

Dan