Posted to rec.woodworking
Nicky

Default Jessem Sliding Table - Question for additional use

I've been looking around for a sliding table for my TS. After doing some
research I found the jessem 7500 would work best for me (mainly due to it's
small foot print and crosscut capacity.)

In searching for best price I came across a flyer from Stan Houston
Equipment Co, advertising this unit for 449.95 at a woodworkers show in SD.
I called, and asked about the pricing and was very pleased that they would
honor the price, and send UPS to NM. It arrived a few days later, I'm going
to spend today installing my new toy. I've unpacked the table, and I'm
impressed already. All looks well machined and nicely finished. I just
wanted to say that I was very happy with this transaction from Stan Houston
and think I got a great price.

Now for my question...I do a lot of shelving, mainly for display cases and
libraries. The sliding table was purchased so that I can make quick work of
cutting panels and shelving, accurately. Carcass design usually calls for
rabbits and dados that I normally use a router and straight edge. Is anyone
using their sliding table to perform these operation? What could go wrong
with using the sliding table and TS fence for rabbit/dados?

thanks,

-nick