Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

Default failing dish washer

"p cooper" wrote in message
. uk...

If you open the door mid cycle, is the water pressure really high?
On mine, it shoots across the room if I open the door too much!

Sparks...

certainly doesnt shoot across the room .........
its hot and the arms rotate

Them my guess would be it's either a problem with the water circulation
(Pump problem, or maybe a blockage somewhere) or a problem with the
heating - is it getting really hot in there? try running it, then as soon as
the cycle is finished, open the door and feel the plates - are they really
hot (mine are bloody hot if I take something out just after it has finished)

Sparks...