Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Plastic Pipe To Fit Cast Iron .

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 19:04:20 +0100, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my surname
here.uk.com wrote:

"Stuart" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:36:46 +0100, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

"Stuart" wrote in message
Thx Colin but the "spigot" ( if thats what is called ) doesn't have
any thread .

Any chance of a posting a picture somewhere?

Colin Bignell

Here you are .
http://www.imgbox.co.uk/image.php?image=b1cf6f5ab9.jpg

Stuart

That looks like a pipe socket or even a reducer with a bit of pipe broken
off at the exposed end. I suspect that you won't be able to do much better
than something similar to the fitting you removed.

Colin Bignell

Peering inside with the aid of a torch Colin it does look as if the front part (
with the jagged edge) has ben inserted in but it's almost certainly ben in since
Noah was a wee boy so nae chance of getting it out . I'll just construct a box
rund it to make it neater and then fit the plastic pipe that I had in before and
seal it up in some fashion ...
Thx for your help
Stuart