Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

Default Wooden door expanded

In article
James Varty wrote:
This is probably a really dumb DIY question... Apologies in advance!

I hung a fire door about 4 weeks ago and haven't got around to varnishing
it. Its on a soundproof booth I've built inside my garage so I was eager to
get it a really snug fit. Its now expanded so it wont close properly. Can I
do anything to get it back to the good fit again without shaving more wood
off? I've put a dehumidifier in there for the past week but it doesn't seem
to have made a difference. I don't want to cut the door down further because
if it shrinks back again the gaps will be too big. Any ideas?!

Plane it to fit. Use draft excluder foam strip to provide an airtight
seal - you can even use it on both sides of the door by adding a flange
around the side that doesn't contact the stop.