Posted to alt.home.repair
Brigitte

Default Pull-rope on mower...

"Brigitte" wrote in message
Hi everyone, it's that time of year again, finally!!...

I got out my old, not-so-trusty Craftsman mower and tried to start it.

The
pull-rope came all the way out and stayed that way.

I know this isn't good, but wondered exactly how bad this is. Is this a
simple fix, or should I just junk this thing? Below is the description of
the unit.

Eager:1 6.75 Self-Propelled Craftsman mower

It's been a piece of junk since almost day 1, but I keep it around because
it's nice to have a mower to get in places that I can't easily get to with
my riding mower.

Any advice on how to fix this pull-rope issue would be greatly

appreciated,
since I'll trash it before I send it to the shop again.

Thanks,
Brigitte

Thanks everyone for the advice. I appreciate it and will disassemble it,
take a look at it and apply all advice as needed.

Brigitte