Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two

Default Any repair shops left?

In article ,
"Michael Ware" wrote:

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

How many autoshops could you take your car to, and have them do a free
estimate ?

Arfa

Al l of them.

Yep, that's true in the U.S., or at least in California.

And unfortunately, this leads many auto repair shops to give you the
shotgun estimate. "Oh, your car is overheating? Leave it, I'll check it
over, and call you with an estimate."

Hello? Yeah, I'm sorry to say your car needs a new radiator, new hoses,
a new water pump, and a new thermostat.

You go down there and say, how do you know it needs a radiator?

Well, we pressure tested it.

Really? Don't you have to open the hood and fill it with water to do
that?

I'd rather have a competent and honest mechanic than a free estimate
law, but that's just me, being delusional again.