Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Berger

Default Toshiba Calibration Fiasco - Model 24-AF43

I thought he covered that when he wrote:

The procedure seemed simple - Center all 5 user controls, then crack
into the service menu. Then, perform the DVD calibration PER INPUT if
available. And as always, write down the before/after values of all
service menu items changed(subcolor, subhue, etc).

I will leave you all with the following: All
color/brightness/contrast/tint settings in service mode are back to
factory default. No cutoff/bias or drive/gains were adjusted on either
set.

So while your suggestion was probably intended to be helpful,
you should have read the post more thoroughly.

Art wrote:
Time for a Professional to get into your sets after you FUBARD then, Eh??
Call an authorized service for the set, tell them what you have done, and
ask for an estimate to readjust them to factory specifications.
If you are going to screw with the service menus at least write down the
flipping parameter values before changing any of them. That way you, or a
tech, will at least have half a chance at setting it back to original.