Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

Default Driveway

Rick wrote:

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:51:20 +1200, Nick wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:

A few truck loads of limestone chippings and a big vibra-roller?

I was thinking of dumping limestone chips on my driveway but I'd
like it to stay there. At present I have scoria which has bedded
down nicely, but I'd like something that looks a bit better.
The guy along the road has large limestone chips that shift
around a lot. Perhaps if there was a variety of sizes of chip it
might bed down better. I assume that throwing in some cement
would be a bad thing?

Slate chips move less.

You can buy direct from the quarry, about zero cost if you collect, or
transport cost (in 20 tonners) for delivery. 200 quid for 20 tonnes
where I am.

If memory serves right its Tarmac that run the quarry.

I like the white colour of limestone, and there's plenty of that
around here, while I don't see any slate chip suppliers.
A tonne of slate chips might cost a bit to deliver from the UK to
NZ