Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default PIR certificates - (Wiring regulations are complete & utter rubbish!!)

In article ,
Owain wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Another tip: many companies which are stuffed full of IT equipment
PAT test their IT equipment far too often, which is a waste of money
(not just the PAT test fees, but even more so the disruption it can
cause to the company operations). ...For example, if you write off
and dispose of desktop PC systems less than 4 years, in many
cases they won't ever need any testing (depending how they're used),
but probably just one visual inspection check halfway through their
lives.

Any company that writes off desktop PC systems after 4 years is already
wasting huge amounts of money and probably contributing to landfill, and
has obviously never heard of thin client computing.

I'm seriously thinking of relegating my 10-year old RiscPC to be my number 2
computer - but I'll probably keep it as my main news/mail machine. Less than 5
years is quite silly - unless you need to run the latest games ...

... or is that why cmpanies are persuaded to 'upgrade'?