Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
jclause

Default Alternative DMMs to Fluke?

In article .net,
says...

Are there other brands that are considered as good quality as Fluke?

Thanks,
--
DaveC

---------------------

We use a lot of meters here. The following might be of interest,
where we checked them out a few months back on low AC voltage..

meter reading

Fluke 8600A 1.500 volts bench type maybe 10 years old
Fluke 189 1.4975 about 1 year old
Fluke 83 III 1.497 new
" 1.497 new
" 1.497 new
HP 8060A 1.497 about 5 years old
HP 8060A 1.499 "
HP 3465A 1.497 bench type about 10 years old
Simpson 360A 1.499 bench type about 25 years old
Triplett 9015A 1.498 2 years old
Triplett 9015A 1.501 "
Valhalla 2101 1.500 6 months old. This measures power,
current, and voltage.

Of the above, only the Simpson 360A and the Fluke 8600A have been
recalibrated since leaving the factory.

jc the elder