Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default Alternative DMMs to Fluke?

DaveC wrote:
Not that there's anything wrong with Flukes, inherently, but I like having
choices.

Are there other brands that are considered as good quality as Fluke?

Thanks,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

a used Fluke might be as good qaulity as a Fluke!

just kidding. I don't know the answer.

I bought a cheapy ($30) Right Tech 2323552 or something like that from
Marvac.com cause it had min max and i wanted to test auto sensors. Then
i found out that it didn't have min max AND average the way fluke had
it setup. Even worse min max was manual and limited to voltage!!!
Absuloute junk!. Well, a fluke is about 300 dollars or so. Now i have a
junk fluke wannabe so my inevitable Fluke is now gonna cost 30 dollars
more (to include my cheap shortcut).
Paying for more is worth it only when you pay for the best. The best is
always priceless.
The only problem is that all of us have paid for the best and have only
gotten the bwerst.

Please tell us what your research finds! Although i have given up and
am saving money for that fluke 80 series already. Still doesn't hurt to
imagine that someone out there would be willing to give more than they
take like is prevalent with all these freeware software folks on the
net.