Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Dembroge

Default Biesemeyer on a Shop Fox ???

I have the Bies on a Unisaw and my brother-in-law has a shop fox on his
Grizzly. If it were me, I'd get the Biesemeyer rails and use them as well.
The bies rails seemed much nicer to me. For example, the bies rails are not
painted where the fence rides where the shop fox fence was. This means that
the bies fence slides much smoother than the shop fox. I know for a fact
because I tried his fence and I could tell a difference between it and my
bies.

Note that this was about 6 years ago, so maybe the shop fox fence is
different now, but I do remember that I dind't like the shop fox rails as
much when I saw it. That's just my opinion though.

Also, if you used the bies rails, could you sell your shop fox fence as an
entire unit to recoop some of your bies costs?

Mike

"Mike O." wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:23:01 GMT, "Brian"
wrote:

Hey group. I'm looking at the possibility of a fence upgrade. I've got a
Grizzly cabinet saw that I absolutely love, but the Shop Fox fence is,
IMHO,
just ok. I'm not crazy about it though. I've been hearing that a
Biesemeyer
fence will just drop right on to the existing Shop Fox rails, saving me a
pile of cash by not having to purchase new guide rails. Does anyone have
any
info or experience on this ?

Dig around on the Biesemeyer site and you will find the dimensions of
the rails and tube for both the commercial and home fence systems.
Make sure your tube matches one of those sizes and that you get the
correct fence for that size.

Mike O.