Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom MacIntyre

Default adding a second hard drive to dvr

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:37:25 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

mr j wrote:
There is no internal connector for a second drive. I was thinking of
using Y splitters for the two conections necessary and having the
second HDD in a stand alone situation (in a HDD carrier/holder). It's
a rather DIY job but i'm hoping to learn.

You are way, way over your head j. You need to learn a lot more before
you start hacking away at the DVR and cause it to stop functioning
completely.

By the way, did you have a source for these 'y splitters'? Radio Shack?

I have yet to see a model # and make so that anyone knowledgeable on
this can even do some intelligent research. In the PC world adding a
drive is almost a no-brainer, but here all bets are off.

Tom