Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Default Cable Identification

Rob Morley wrote:
In article
Phil L wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Phil L wrote:

I am trying to find out what cable is currently set up for my
electric shower. It measures 13mm in width would that tell me
anything?

Yes, it tells you that the cable isn't the right size, the cable
for your

No it does not.

It tells you the cable is probbably 6mm^2 T&E and that is all.

Whether it is correct or not will largely depend on the rating of
the shower and the details of the cable run.

I think we can assume that it's in his bathroom?
We can also assume that his bathroom is upstairs?
And his meter is under the stairs?

Why? The CU could be on the wall in the hall or kitchen, and the
shower just the other side of the wall.

Hell his meter could be in the bathroom, but I think we all know that it
isn't...in most houses the meter is usually downstairs and the bathroom
upstairs, stop being pedantic, you are guesing the same as everyone else,
the OP hasn't said where it is so it's safe to assume it's in the 'normal'
range.