Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.architecture.alternative

Default Swamp Cooler to Refrigeration A/C

Robert Gammon wrote:
wrote:
Abby Normal wrote:

... it is a bad idea to use evaporative cooling on indoor air.

... Then again, I proved it was [a good idea], using numbers :-)

And Nathan tried it out in Melbourne and said it worked fine, with an
indoor swamp cooler that ran on a rising temp and a small exhaust fan
that ran on a rising RH. So far we have a) basic physics with numbers,
b) a successful experiment, and c) Abby's qualitative rants :-)

Well alt.home.repair appears to have missed the thread.

It's been there...

How about this as a Swamp Cooler idea????

High pressure water (160-200psi min - up to 2000psi) thru very small
orifice nozzles parallel to and pointing slightly away from the
condenser coil of a Refrigeration A/C.

Yogi Goswami tried that in Florida, with an energy savings of about 20%.
But it seems better to trickle rainwater over the coils.

You DO not want ANY of this spray to HIT the coils of the condenser even
if you use ultra high purity water (i.e. RO or Distilled) as mineral plating
will occur.

Distilled water contains minerals? :-)

Nick