Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Alternative education

John Stumbles wrote:
Apolgies - posted to wrong newsgroup.

So which ng did you intend to post to?

uk.people.parents

FWIW I know a few kids who've gone or are going to the Acorn and by all
accounts it's brilliant. Our own kids are/were at the local Steiner
School and amongst other parents etc it's regarded as practically a
Steiner school in all but name (though there are differences of
organisation e.g. Graham is the head and owner whereas Steiner schools are
usually run as charitable businesses with a college of teachers and no
head).

I gather a significant number of Acorn pupils are accepted at Oxbridge on
reputation of the school despite not doing exams, so I wouldn't worry
about their prospects.

Thanks. It turns out that the school is located not far from us!