Posted to uk.d-i-y
Glenn Booth

Default DIY long distance baby alarm

Hi All,

I need to lash-up something so that we can monitor the kids
while we are in the shed doing home-cinema things.

We have a standard baby alarm, but the range isn't up to
the job. We also have a set of walky-talky type things, which
work, but I can't find a way to have two units on 'vox' while
a third is on receive (two ankle-biters, hence two senders).

Sticking one of the radios in front of the baby monitor in the
house kinda sorta works, but it's a horrible cludge and I
don't trust it.

I've been racking my brains, and I can't think of a simple way
to do it. Anyone have any ideas?

If it helps, we have a spare cat 5e cable between house and shed
which I could use, provided I can think of what to put at each end!

The shed is about 30 metres from the house, and is metal clad, which
doesn't help.

Ta,

Glenn.