Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default fluorescent lighting bad for you??

sparty wrote:
I was telling my wife today, that I would like to replace a good 75% or
more of our light bulbs with fluorescent light bulbs to save on energy.

Her immediate response was, "I have heard that fluorescent lights are
bad for you". Is there any truth to that? Skin Cancer, etc....

Not in the sense that you mean. The flicker is
highly annoying and irritating to some people;
others never notice the flicker. Many
fluorescents put out a band of green and that can
have adverse physiological effects. So the answer
is it depends on the individual and it depends on
the light spectrum of the bulbs.