Posted to rec.woodworking
Oren

Default Gun storage idea (seen in PA circa 1990-1995)?

I lived in Central Pennsylvania 1990-1995 and visited craft fairs and
shows.

Once I saw what appeared to be a normal 8X10 picture, but it was
actually a place (box) to store items some what secretively in the
wall. It was less than 3 " deep, framed of wood and mounted between
studs. It was simply a "picture on the wall" from looks.

Specifically, this "model" allowed a pistol to be stored in the wall
behind the "picture" and accessed when the "frame" was pulled open
like a medicine cabinet. What I like was that with the cabinet open
the gun handle was easily reachable. The gun barrel was simply
positioned over an (angled/diagonal) brass rod (round and prevented
barrel damage?) that swung out. This piece was also a part of the
frame/hinge....

If anyone can help, it is appreciated. I don't know what it was called
as this was years ago and I would love to make one now (DIY).

Thanks.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."