Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default Carbide saw blades

"Ken Grunenberg"
I have a question about carbide blades.
In the past I have been using the cheap $6-$10 Harbor freight blades and
dressing the teeth as needed until the blade nolonger cuts well.(very dull)
I than toss it out and use another new blade. With $12 to $20 for sharpening
my method seems, on the face, to be best.
I would like to hear other ideas from fellow wood chippers.

KenG

Since you think Harbor Fright blades have any merit I suppose switching to
Ridge Carbide or Forrest is simply out of the question.
I'll add this, I would be willing to bet that my Ridge Carbide or Forrest
will still be cutting better after the same footage ripped by 10 HF blades.

Save yourself the agony of cheap blades and get a real saw blade.

Dave