Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Phew!! thank goodness thats over.

Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 20:06:31 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Mike Halmarack" ... wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 16:07:31 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

Anyone tried Lining a ceiling on they're own?

First piece i put up, one side would come down whilst trying to
flatten tother side...bugger,hmmph,barsteward.

Cup O tea me thinks...Hah! yes where's the drawing pins.

Pin the middle and the end of one side till you have managed to
flatten and
smooth other side then pin it,then do other side.

My Dad taught me to snap a chalk line on the ceiling, make a "T"
piece on the end of a pole, cut a full length of paper, paste it,
lay it on the "T" piece concertina fashion and just walk the plank
applying the paper, brushing it flat as ye go. then back the other
way with the edge roller.

But all that takes so much trouble ... Can't be bothered doing all
that ...

Well, you and I might but it sounds far more demanding than it is,
dunnit?

So true! I wouldn't dream of doing it these days. If you don't like
the look of the ceiling, don't look up, is my attitude.

Mary
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.

As much as I would have liked to plaster it...me back is not up to skimming
ceilings. :-(

Must have been the hard graft over the years.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite